Beth’s Maryland Crab Soup
- 1 28oz can of tomato puree
- 56 oz water
- 3/4 cup red onion diced
- 3 cups red potatoes bite size pieces
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 1/2 cups carrot slices
- 2 cups green beans cut in half
- 1+ tbsp old bay to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 dozen steamed crabs pick meat but reserve claws for a garnish
- Add the tomato puree, water, red onion, red potatoes, celery, carrot slices, green beans, old bay and salt to a large pot on medium heat. Cook until the potatoes are fork tender.
- When the carrots and potatoes are fork tender add the crab meat and claws. Serve hot with fresh baguette.
Share this Recipe
1 thought on “Beth’s Maryland Crab Soup”
This traditional crab soup is a staple at most Maryland cookouts. The long and slow simmering makes the broth extra rich.